Founded in 1966 by the late Harold Bonnett, the Club exists to further interest in steam cultivation – not just keeping the tackle operating – but passing on the old skills for future generations to enjoy.
The Steam Plough Club provides its members with:-
- A quarterly journal – the Steam Plough Times
- Technical advice
- Working instructions for steam ploughing machinery
- Safety guidelines for crews and event organisers
- Engine & implement records
- Engine classes identification
- In-house publications & DVDs
- The opportunity to meet like minded enthusiasts
- Visits & meetings
- Access to Steam Plough Times – A Searchable Index Of the Contents Archive.
Current membership fee is £30 a year, if you pay online the cost is £31