Fowler 22hp Z7 no. 16719 of 19/07/1926. DSPG.
This engine went to Lunnick's, was converted to diesel firing and was much modified throughout its life. Survives in Australia.
[Harold Bonnett Collection]
Aveling & Porter 8890 of 1918. Photo’d in September 1968. [Harold Clark Collection]
Fowler AA7 number 15567, CE 7692, of 1920. Plough and Mole Drainer in tow. Believed scrapped in 1952. (Harold Bonnett collection)
Fowler BB1 no. 15438 of 19/06/1920. DSPG. New to Arthur Bazley, Boreham Farm, Warminster then to William Reynolds then Chivers. Can anyone identify the crew? [Harold Bonnett Collection]
15348 (left) and 15349 (right), ‘Delilah’ and ‘Samson’
These conversions need the wider 16” front wheels as there is more weight to the fore than when they were steam.
Fowler AA7 "John" 16053. Old Glory Steam Festival 17 May 1992, Tallington Nr. Stamford, Lincs.
Would anyone like to identify the engine and where and when this photo was taken? [Harold Clark Collection]
Fowler AA7 no. 15235 of 11/12/1917. Can anyone identify the gent? [Harold Bonnett Collection]
“The figure in the picture might be Owen Easy who I introduced to the club about 1981. Others may wish to confirm this. If so, the photographer could be his father Chris Easy who was an ex-Great Eastern engineman based at Cambridge. Sadly Owen died at an early age not long after his dad.”
“Fowler AA7 no. 15364 of 12/09/1919. To John Patten by 1924 where the pair were originally called PAT & FAN. Names transferred and became Windsor & Sandringham. Does anyone know the boys on the tender? [Harold Bonnett Collection]”
Fowler BB1 number 15430 of 1919 “Victory”. Set No. 4, Sturgeon Brothers, Stanton, Suffolk. Photographed August 1934 at Ixworth by B.D. Stoyel
Fowler BB class numbers 13481 and 13482 of 1913. Photo'd laid up at Keeling's yard, Crays Hill in July 1962.
Fowler BB class number14350 of 1916 when with T.T. Boughton, Amersham, Bucks. Converted to a slow speed road planer. Does anyone have any details?
Fowler BB1 class number 15408 of 1918 in T.T. Boughton's yard, Amersham, Bucks. Phot’d 31st July 1960 just before acquired by J.W. Hardwick & Sons of West Ewell, Surrey.